This is a Grabit tutorial overview. Grabit is a free program to download from the newsgroups. Grabit also gives you the option to search the newsgroups. Only, you have to pay for this per month. This in itself is no problem at all. Yes, you can. Can use free search engines. Like for example Nzbindex.com or Binsearch.info. Grabit is programmed and developed by Ilan Shemes.
- Very easy to use.
- Built-in function. To be able to repair and extract files automatically.
- You can search the newsgroups. You must pay for this option.
- Does not work optimally, with multiple news servers.
- Takes more computing power from your computer. Then for example, the program Sabnzbd or NZBget.
- Processing downloaded headers. Can take a very long time. In practice you hardly use this anymore. Instead, Nzb files are used. You can download these nzb files from various sources. For example from SpotNet websites, NewzNab sites, but also from nzb search engines.
- Can’t extract everything. Grabit is often behind with techniques to hide files in the newsgroups. The program Sabnzbd. And NZBGet don’t have this problem.
- Grabit known error messages and problems. Here you can find known error messages with the solution.
Grabit tutorial Windows overview
This is an overview of tutorials for the Grabit program. These tutorials are aimed only at the operating system Windows Unfortunately, we cannot support every version of Windows. Create a separate user tutorial.
Install and Configure Grabit
In the Windows manual below, we will explain it to you. How you can download from the newsgroups. This tutorial is made for Usenet beginners.
The manuals below are made in an older version of Grabit.
Grabit is not available for Ubuntu. It is possible that you use the program Pan.
This program is very similar to Grabit. For more information see http://pan.rebelbase.com/
Install Grabit MacOS