This is a Grabit tutorial overview. Grabit is a free program to download from the newsgroups. Grabit also gives you the option to search the newsgroups. Only, you have to pay for this per month. This in itself is no problem at all. Yes, you can. Can use free search engines. Such as, example Nzbindex.com or Binsearch.info. Grabit is programmed and developed by Ilan Shemes. The program sometimes receives updates.
- Very easy to use. The interface is very easy to use.
- Built-in function. To be able to repair and extract files automatically.
- You can search the newsgroups. However, you have to pay for this option. You have free alternatives for this such as NZBindex, Binsearch and many more NZB search engines.
- Does not work optimally, with multiple news servers.
- Takes more computing power from your computer. Then for example, the program Sabnzbd or NZBget.
- Processing downloaded headers. Can take a very long time. In practice you hardly use this anymore. Instead, NZB files are used. These NZB files can be downloaded from various sources. For example from SpotNet websites, NewzNab sites, but also from nzb search engines.
- Can’t extract everything. Grabit is often behind with techniques to hide files in the newsgroups. The program Sabnzbd. And NZBGet don’t have this problem.
- Doesn’t work on your phone through a web interface.
- Hardly gets updates. The latest update is from the year 2020 currently. And this is a Beta version.
- Grabit known error messages and problems. Here you can find known Grabit error messages with the solution.
Grabit tutorial Windows overview
This is an overview of tutorials for the Grabit program. These tutorials are aimed only at the operating system Windows Unfortunately, we cannot support every version of Windows. Create a separate user tutorial.
Install and Configure Grabit
In the Windows tutorial below, we will explain it to you. How you can download from the newsgroups. This tutorial is made for Usenet beginners.
The Grabit tutorial below are made in with an older version of Grabit. I therefore advise you to follow the above tutorial of this program.
Grabit is not available for the Ubuntu system. It is possible that you use the program Pan.
This program is very similar to Grabit. For more information see http://pan.rebelbase.com/ Otherwise it is best to use the program NZBGet or SABnzbd.
Install Grabit MacOS
This program is only available for the Windows operating system. If you are using MacOS operating system. Then, it is best to use program SABnzbd. Or even better even NZBGet. Je hebt ook Unison, en iGrabNews voor MacOS. But for Unison you have to pay and for iGrabNews development seems to be at a standstill.
There are several alternatives available for Grabit. Programs that you can install on a Windows computer are the programs below.
- Newsleecher tutorial.
- HalloNzb tutorial.
- Binreader tutorial.
- Alt.binz tutorial.
- NewsBin pro tutorial.
- NNTPGrab tutorial.
Web interface Grabit alternative
My preference is for a program that you can access via a web interface. This has the advantage that you can install it on many types of devices. I therefore advise you to use one of the Usenet clients below.
The advantage of SABnzbd and NZBGet is that they get regular updates and can also unpack everything. With other Usenet clients, this can sometimes go wrong.