This is a SpotNet tutorial overview. SpotNet allows you to search for files posted in the newsgroups. SpotNet was created after several dutch websites were closed. Like FTDand FTN2dayfor example. The advantage of SpotNet is that it cannot be closed. This is because all spot information is stored in the newsgroup free.pt. And not on a website. This has the disadvantage. That there is almost no moderation on SpotNet network.
These are tutorials that can be used for any SpotNet version.
SpotNet usenet overview Windows
This is an overview of tutorials for the SpotNet program. These only focus on the Windows operating system. We cant make for each operating system of Windows. Create a separate user tutorial. So it may be that on your computer it looks slightly different. then displayed in these tutorials. In the tutorial we are going to set up SpotNet to be able to download from the newsgroups.
Install and configure SpotNet
What is being discussed? in this SpotNet Classic tutorial?
SpotNet Classic additional
- Create SpotNet password list.
- Updating Sabnzbd for SpotNet. This is not necessary if you have a recent version of SpotNet.
- Create SpotDog filters for SpotNet.
Install and configure unofficial SpotNet 2.0
What is covered in this Unofficial SpotNet 2.0 tutorial? in this tutorial. We are gooing to configure SpotNet 2.0. So that you can download from the newsgroups.
It is recommended to use SpotNet Clasic. SpotNet 2.0 is not up to date. With the latest download techniques. Which means it can’t unpack everything.
Ubuntu tutorial SpotNet
MacOS tutorial SpotNet
SpotNet is only available for Windows. But for the MacOs. There are a number of variants available. And that includes SpotWeb and SpotLite. I recommend you use SpotWeb. If you use SpotLite, you cannot download everything. You can also use SpotNet Mac if you are using Wine or the bootcamp method. Only this I advise against. This way you can’t access your files on every OS.
You can use the following alternatives for SpotNet.
- SpotWeb. You have to set up your own web server for this.
- SpotWeb websites. You can directly download nzb files from here. Others have set up a web server for you.
- SpotLitestripped down version of SpotNet. I don’t recommend you to use this. Because you can’t download everything with this. It is no longer being developed.