This is an overview of Synology manuals. That can be found on this website. Watch out! Thare are Synology tutorials for DSM versions 5 and 6 available From DSM v 6. Because the security has been greatly beefed up. Allowing the settings of version 5. Not being able to work anymore.
Usenet Download Clients
This program is used to download files from the newsgroups. It’s best to use NZBGet. Instead of SABnzbd. This is because NZBGet eats less speed, from your Synology. This is because NZBGet. In a better programming language is written. Then SABZnbd.
- INSTALL DSM 5 Synology NZBGet.
- CONFIGURE DSM 5 Synology NZBGet.
- NZBGet downloads with password do not download Synology.
- Optimize NZBget for Synology.
This program is used for downloading from the newsgroups.
Download Torrent Clients
This is a webassed torrent client.
- Synology Torrent Transmission Install.
- Configuring Torrent Transmission Synology
- Torrent transmission as backup in Sonarr.
Automatic Download programs
CouchPotato, is used to automatically download movies. Once these are posted. In the newsgroups.
- Synology CouchPotato working on DSM6.
LazyLibrarian, makes it possible. To automatically download e-books, from the newsgroups.
With Mylar you can automatically download comic books. From the newsgroups.
With SickRage it is possible to automatically download TV series, from the newsgroups. And with Bittorent files.
With Sonarr it is possible. To automatically download TV episodes from the newsgroups. And through Bittorent traffic jams.
Install and link Sonarr to NZBGet
Install and link sonar to SABnzbd
With SickChill it is possible. To automatically download TV episodes.
HeadPhones makes it possible to automatically download music albums. This can be done from the newsgroups. And this is possible via bittorent files.
SpotWeb is a SpotNet client. Working in a web browser. The added benefit of this is. That you can use SpotWeb as a Newznab server. This makes it more likely. That your favorite music album, TV series, or movie is downloaded. For this you do need an automatic download program. Like, for example, SickRage or CouchPotato.
DSM 6 SpotWeb
- Get SpotWeb working on DSM 6. This is only necessary if it doesn’t work on your Synology. This can happen, for example. If you upgrade from DSM 5 to DSM 6.
Known problems SpotWeB
- Install Subliminal Synology. This is a program. To automatically download subtitles for your movies.
Install and configure Auto-Sub
This is a program to automatically download subtitles, for TV series.
Other Synology Manuals
These are Synology manuals. That don’t fit anywhere else at home.
- Synology Package Resources Overview. This is an overview where you can download installation files for Synology.